MARKETING GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. Do what the industry cannot do for itself. Visit California will provide a statewide marketing platform to promote the California Brand.
2. Deliver value to and collaborate with tourism-related businesses. Visit California will be a resource to the state’s DMOs and assessed tourism businesses by providing marketing opportunities, web leadership and tourism research material vital to the success of their operations.
3. Build awareness and preference for the California Brand to stimulate travel. Visit California marketing programs will serve to attract new consumers to California through the power of the California Brand, while providing industry partners with opportunities to reach new markets that are otherwise cost-prohibitive.
4. Leverage all assets and alliances. Visit California will introduce the California Brand to far-reaching audiences and establish strategic alliances with trusted in-market brands.
5. Use key metrics & ROI to inform the strategic direction of the program of work. Visit California will track and evaluate market penetration and program impact on attracting leisure travelers.