Casa De Fruta Parkway
Gene H. Zanger learned at an early age the value of working in the family business. Summers were spent learning first-hand the reality of farming in California, cutting apricots, picking cherries, pears, prunes, and walnuts at Casa de Fruta Orchards. During high school he worked alongside his father at the Casa de Fruta Restaurant. After undergraduate studies at U.C. Berkeley, Gene entered Santa Clara University to pursue an M.B.A. During his tenure at SCU Gene worked at Levi Strauss Company in San Francisco, California. Upon graduation from SCU Gene was hired as a Food Service Product Manager for Oscar Mayer Foods in Madison, Wisconsin. After three typical Wisconsin winters, Gene returned home to California and Casa de Fruta.
Casa de Fruta is a family run business that has grown into a diverse agricultural and tourism retail business in Hollister, California which includes the original Fruit Stand, 24-Hour Restaurant, RV Park, 24-Hour Chevron Station/Food Mart, Zanger Vineyards Wine Tasting, scale model Railroad, Carousel and the Home of the Northern California Renaissance Faire. Over the last 20 years Gene has been responsible for Marketing & Government relations at Casa de Fruta.
In his free time Gene enjoys biking and traveling. Gene resides in Hollister, with wife Anni and son Lukas and daughter Caitlin.
- U.C. Berkeley-B.A.
- Santa Clara University-M.B.A.
- Partner, GM, Casa de Fruta-Hollister, California.
- Product Manager, Oscar Mayer Foods Corp.-Madison, Wisconsin.
- Intern, Levi Strauss Company Marketing Division-San Francisco, California.
Intern, U.S. Senator Pete Wilson-Washington, D.C. 1984
Intern, Assembly Minority Leader Carol Hallet-Sacramento, California 1982
- Vice Chairman, National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds, (ARVC) Board of Directors 2007-2009
- Member, National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds, (ARVC) Board of Directors 2003-2009.
- Member, California Travel and Tourism Commission 1998-2002.
- Chairman/Member, St. Benedict’s Steering Committee.
- New Church building in San Benito County 1994-2000
- Chairman/Member, Gilroy Visitors Bureau Advisory Committee 1995-2001
- Member, San Benito County Fish and Game Commission 1995-1997
- President, California Travel Park Association, Unit 10 1991-1992
- Member, California Travel Park Association, State Board 1991-1992
- Member, Santa Clara University MBA/Alumni Board 1990-1994
- Chair, Sacred Heart Parish Council 1990-1993